• 4 6 oz. tenderloin steaks
1. Bring fillets to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. You paid a lot for this cut, so don't ruin it by over-seasoning. Season with a little ground pepper and garlic. (Salt it AFTER it has cooked so the meat doesn't dry out.)
3. Get your grill super hot - the highest setting. Sear your fillet for 2 minutes and then rotate 90 degrees and sear for 3 more minutes. Flip steaks and repeat process to get those cool looking grill marks. (For medium, you will need to cook just a little longer.)
4. Take off the grill and let the steaks rest for 5 minutes to redistribute the juices. This will give you a more tender, flavorful fillet.