Servings: 12 Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 3 hours
These were sooooo gooooood. It makes a huge batch, enough if you are having another family over for dinner. Serve them with veggie fried rice or plain rice and edamame, mandarin oranges and hot tea.
• 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
• 3 lb ground chicken
• 1 1/2 tbsp ginger root
• 3/4 cup(s) hoisin sauce
• 3 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
• 1 tbsp chile sauce with garlic, low sodium
• 8 oz water chestnuts, sliced, chopped
• 2 head bibb lettuce
1. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet and add ground chicken. Cook until no longer pink, breaking up into chunks. Add ginger root and cook for another minute. Drain meat and transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce (go light on the chili garlic sauce for kids). Stir into meat. Cover and cook on high for 2 - 3 hours or low for 3 - 4 hours. Stir in water chestnuts. Keep on warm until ready to serve.
3. Scoop spoonfuls of chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf and serve.