• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
• 28 oz whole tomatoes, peeled
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 lb angel hair (fresh)
• 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 4 tsp lemon zest
• 1/2 cup(s) basil (fresh), coarsely chopped
• 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two until lightly browned.
2. Add the tomatoes and their juices, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Let simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Crush the tomatoes with a wooden spoon every few minutes until the sauce thickens.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
4. Add the shrimp to the simmering sauce. Cover and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Add basil to the sauce and stir. Divide up the pasta among 4 plates. Top with sauce and sprinkle with 1 tsp of lemon zest and shaved parmesan.