• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
• 28 oz roasted red pepper
• 3 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth (fat-free)
• 1/4 cup(s) basil
• 1/2 cup(s) half n half, no fat
• 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
1. Saute onions and 1 tbsp oil in a large sauce pan for 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add vegetable broth and roasted red peppers, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. In batches, puree in a food processor until desired consistency.
3. Return mixture to sauce pan and cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in fresh basil and half n half. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes; stir in lemon juice. Serve.