• 2 yellow onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
• 1 1/2 lb mushrooms, finely chopped
• 2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 6 oz prosciutto, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup(s) sherry wine
• 1/4 cup(s) parsley (fresh)
• 1/4 cup(s) breadcrumbs
• 2 package(s) puff pastry sheets, thawed
• 2 egg(s), beaten lightly
1. Cook onions in olive oil, stirring occasionally, until softened over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers and cook until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and mixture begins to brown (this takes about 30 minutes). Add prosciutto and Sherry and cook, stirring, until liquid is evaporated.
2. In a bowl, stir together mushroom mixture, parsley, and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and let cool.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out 1 pastry sheet into a 12X12 inch square. Cut into 9 4X4 inch squares. Place one heaping tbsp of mushroom mixture in center of each square. Lightly beat egg with a splash of water and brush on edges. Fold over into triangle and crimp together using fork tines. Poke a few holes in to the top with the fork to vent. Place on baking sheet or in tupperware lined with wax paper for freezing. Repeat with remaining squares and 3 puff pastry sheets.
4. Brush tops with egg wash. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes at 375 degrees until browned. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.