• 1/2 cup(s) barbeque sauce
• 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
• 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• 6 thick pork chops, with bone
• 6 cup(s) chicken broth, low sodium
• 2 cup(s) milk
• 1 2/3 cup(s) gouda cheese, shredded
• 3 tbsp unsalted butter
• 2 cup(s) grits, uncooked quick-cooking
1. Whisk together barbeque sauce, maple syrup, 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (seeded and minced), and 2 tsp adobo sauce (from the can). Set aside.
2. Season pork chops (about 1 1/4 inch thick) with salt and pepper. Grill, covered with grill lid, at 350 - 400 degrees (or on a grill pan over medium-high heat) for about 20 minutes or until pork registers 155 degrees, turning once. During last 5 minutes of cooking, baste with barbeque mixture.
3. Bring chicken broth, milk, and a dash of salt and pepper (white pepper if you have it) to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add gouda and butter and stir until melted.
4. Spoon gouda grits onto serving plates; top each with a pork chop and drizzle with remaining barbeque sauce mixture.