• 6 cup(s) chicken broth, low sodium, divided
• 4 cup(s) leek(s), sliced
• 1 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 tsp white pepper
• 1/3 cup(s) flour
• 1 1/2 cup(s) Gruyere cheese, grated
• 1 cup(s) whipping cream
1. In large pot, combine 4 cups of chicken broth, leeks, mushrooms, and white pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
2. Process leek mixture in a food processor until smooth. (Depending on the size of your processor, you may need to do this in batches.) Return mixture to pot. Stir in 1 more cup of chicken broth.
3. Combine remaining cup of broth with flour. Stir into leek mixture. Add cheese. Cook, while stirring, until thick and bubbly. Stir in whipping cream.