• 4 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 2 quart(s) chicken broth, low sodium
• 1 cup(s) celery, diced
• 1 cup(s) carrots, diced
• 2 cup(s) wide egg noodles
• 1/4 cup(s) parsley (fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rub skin of whole chicken breast (2 split breasts) with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven on baking sheet for 35 - 40 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool and then remove meat from the bone. Shred or dice the chicken and discard the skin.
3. Simmer the chicken broth in a large pot and add the celery, carrots, and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes (until the noodles are cooked). Add the cooked chicken and parsley and heat through.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.