• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 1/4 lb ground beef
• 1 slice (1/2 inch thick) pancetta, finely chopped
• 1 medium carrots, minced
• 1 small yellow onion, minced
• 1 stalk(s) celery, minced
• 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup(s) white wine
• 1 cup(s) beef broth, low sodium
• 1/2 tsp thyme (dried)
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1 tbsp flour
• 1 cup(s) milk
• 1 1/2 lb gnocchi
• 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large skillet with a tightly fitting lid, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the meat and cook, breaking up chunks with a spatula until it browns, about 7 minutes. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Return the skillet to medium heat and add the pancetta. Cook, stirring frequently, until it is just about cooked through, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the carrot, onion, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Return the meat to the skillet.
4. Add wine, stock, thyme, tomato paste, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
5. Uncover the skillet and stir in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in the milk and simmer gently until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
6. Cook gnocchi according to directions. Place on platter, cover with sauce and serve with Parmesan on the side.