• 1 lb Italian sausage (sweet)
• 1/4 cup(s) shallot(s), chopped
• 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed, chopped
• 4 tbsp parsley (fresh), chopped
• 5 large egg(s)
• 3 large egg yolk(s)
• 1 cup(s) half n half
• 1 cup(s) whipping cream
• 2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, part skim, grated
• 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 13X9X2 inch baking dish. Saute sausage over medium heat until brown and cooked through, breaking into small pieces.
2. Add shallots and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
3. Add sun-dried tomatoes and 2 Tbsp parsley; stir 1 minute. Spread sausage mixture in prepared dish. (You can make this 1 day ahead of time.)
4. Whisk eggs, egg yolks, half and half, whipping cream, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and salt in large bowl. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture in dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 2 Tbsp parsley.
5. Bake until top of casserole is golden brown and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.