• 1 tsp olive oil
• 3 clove(s) garlic, crushed
• 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
• 28 oz black beans (canned, no salt)
• 1 tsp cumin
1. In a large skillet, heat a swirl of olive oil over medium. Add garlic and crushed red pepper (add more if desired). Cook for less than one minute. Add 2 cans of black beans (don't forget to drain and rinse the beans) and 1 cup of water (it will thicken). Stir in cumin.
2. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes. Season with kosher salt.
Option: serve with lime wedges and fresh cilantro as edible garnish.