• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 slice(s) multigrain sandwich bread, red-cal
• 4 pork chops, with bone, 4 oz each
• 4 tsp apricot preserves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with a little oil; set aside.
2. Tear the bread into large pieces; place in a food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil; pulse once or twice, just until the crumbs are moistened (you should have about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs).
3. Season the chops with salt and pepper (this will increase sodium that is stated in nutrition info); spread one side of each chop with 1 tsp jam. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the jam, and pat them on gently.
4. Transfer the chops to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the crust is golden and the pork is opaque throughout (the meat should register 150 degrees on an instant read thermometer), 14 to 16 minutes. Broil at the end if it needs to be browned a little more. Serve immediately.