• 5 lb pork ribs
• 1 tbsp canola oil
• 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
• 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
• 1 cup(s) ketchup, low sod.
• 1 cup(s) beef broth, low sodium
• 3/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp coriander
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until transparent. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
3. Place 2 or 3 large layers of tin foil on a baking sheet. Season ribs with s&p and place on top of foil. Coat with 1 cup of sauce. Wrap ribs tightly in foil so the flavor stays inside. Place in oven and cook for 2 hours (until meat is super tender).
4. Remove ribs from oven. Spray grill with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Add ribs, brushing top with 1 cup more sauce. Flip ribs after about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from grill, cut between ribs and serve with extra sauce.